Fitting Instructions for Acrylic Numbers & Letters:
- Recommended – Remove the plates if currently on your vehicle and place on a lowered flat surface (do not apply glue and acrylic characters with the plates still on your car). Having the plates lower when applying allows you to line up the characters correctly as you get a better point of view.
- The surfaces to be bonded should be clean, dry and dust-free. If necessary they can be cleaned with petroleum ether or white spirit then washed with water.
- Take the acrylic glue supplied and run a slim vein down the centre point of each character. Be careful to not use too much as it will spill out over the edges and onto your plate.
- Line up the 3mm acrylic numbers & letters with the existing flat character.
- Press down slowly, moving the character over and back slowly allowing for the spread of the acrylic glue evenly onto the surface.
- Once you are happy with the position of the acrylic characters, leave the plates to dry for at least 12 hours on a flat surface.
- Refit to your vehicle and enjoy your sleek new 4D Number Plates from Bob’s Locks.
If you are in the Stirling area and you would like for us to take care of the full process, call into our store at Bob’s Locks, 17 Upper Craigs, Stirling, FK8 2DG. Make sure you take the correct paperwork to allow for the printing of your plates, the full link can be found here.